Curriculum Handbook 2023
Year 7 and 8
Starting secondary school is an important stage in your child’s education. At Loxton High School we are committed to making the transition from primary to secondary schooling a positive and enjoyable experience.
We liaise closely with our local primary schools to ensure a smooth transition program. These schools include Department for Education and Child Development (DECD) sites Loxton, Loxton North, Moorook and Kingston-on-Murray Primary Schools as well as St Albert’s Catholic Primary and Loxton Lutheran Primary Schools in Loxton. Students receive their Loxton High School enrolment form and information about our transition program through their Year 6 Teacher.
Students from other primary schools are also welcome to enrol at Loxton High. Parents are requested to contact Loxton High School and we then communicate enrolment and transition information directly with you to ensure a smooth transition for your child. It is strongly recommended that families make an appointment to meet with the Assistant Principal, Junior School & Wellbeing. This meeting will give us a chance to provide a tour of the school as well as gather any further information that will help us to support the child/children in their new school environment.
Our Learner Inclusion Team works closely with Feeder Schools to ensure a well-supported and inclusive transition.
Loxton High School tours are conducted regularly at 9am for any interested community members or prospective students. Tour our extensive specialist facilities and see our staff and students in action.
Key activities of the transition program are:
Term 2 – Enrolment forms are distributed and returned by the end of term 2.
- Transition packs are sent home to each family regarding specific information about Loxton High School.
- Year 7 students visit primary schools to talk to Year 6 students about their transition experience
- Learner Inclusion Visits to each Feeder school.
- Orientation Morning with all Year 6 Students.
- Back-to-back Transition Days at Loxton High School for Year 6 students
- Year 6/7/8 Social hosted by the Student Representative Council in conjunction with a Parent Information Evening, including a school tour.
- Individual Learner Inclusion Meetings held during Term 4 to discuss processes and supports at Loxton High School for student additional learning, wellbeing or behaviour needs
Current 2021 Transition Flyer
We look forward to the opportunity of providing your child with a supportive transition program and to supporting your child’s secondary education in the years to come.
MyMAP Teachers also teach their MyMAP class for one of their curriculum areas, strengthening the relationship between teacher and student.